Analytics Website Cart Case Study
Goose Ridge was looking for more sales from their website. When we analyzed their Google Analytcs data, we determined there were a fair number of abandoned carts (orders that people had started, but not completed) in their ecommerce process. We recommended we set up an automated email that reached out to the customer which was triggered when carts were abandoned.
From July 2016 through July 2017, sixty-two abandoned cart emails were triggered. These triggered emails had an open rate of 61.29%, an overall click through rate of 38.71%, and an overall conversion rate of 9.86%
- If we limit clicks to those who opened the email, the CTR is 63%
- If we limit orders to those who opened the email, the conversion rate is 15.79%
- If we limit orders to those who clicked through, the conversion rate is 25%.
- These orders generated $757.00 in revenue
- The open and ctr for these emails is much higher than industry standard for normal marketing emails. These are customers who are already interested in purchasing the product, they just need a little convincing.
- While a 10% conversion rate may seem low, these are conversions that would have been lost AND they required no additional effort on Goose Ridge’s part.